Friday, March 20, 2015

Soft Green Smokey Eye Makeup Look


Hello guys! Hope everyone is doing well. If there is one eyeshadow color I haven't worn in awhile it's green. Green eyeshadow I think is the neglected color when it comes to eyeshadows and after rediscovering the color I realized how beautiful it is and how much it makes brown eyes pop. Scroll down for a pictorial and tutorial on how I achieved this soft green smokey eye.


Pictorial

Beauty tip:The key to each step before going into the next is blend blend blend so there wont be any harsh lines. You want each eyeshadow color to blend seemlessly into one another.


Tutorial

The eyeshadows that I used for the look are 4 eyeshadows from Makeup Geek in the colors: Vanilla Bean, Appletini, Envy and Dirty Martini.
&
The bright green eyeshadow from Urban Decay's Vice 3 Palette called Dragon.


Prime your eyes with an eyeshadow primer. If you are using a bright color and want the color to pop more, then prime the eye first then use a white base on top. This will make the color more vibrant.

1. Take the color Dragon and pat all over the lid.

2. Apply the 1st crease color called Dirty Martini all over the crease and blend. This army green color eyeshadow will act as a transition shade.
3. Take the 2nd crease color which is the darker green color called Envy and apply it from the outer corner up into the crease mid way. Blend.
4. Use a white or cream toned matte eyeshadow like the color Vanilla Bean and apply it onto the brow bone and blend.
 5. Apply favorite liquid liner and apply over your upper lash line.
6. Use a black mascara and apply it to your lashes.
7. Apply black eyeliner to your water line.
8. (Beauty tip: Before I apply any color to my lower lashline, I like to apply a base that is the same  color eyeshadow that I am going to use. If you don't have a same color base like an eyeliner or eyeshadow pencil then a regular eye primer will do. This will ensure that the color wont fade and keep it nice and vibrant.)Take the lighter green color called Appletini and apply it to the outer lower lash line mid way. Then apply the darker color called Envy on top.
9.Again take the lighter green color Appletini and apply it to the inner tear duct.



Finished Look!

Here is the finished look. I wanted to create a subtle green smokey eye that is wearable for daytime use if you want to venture into a little color. By using a cooler toned matte green,  it worked great as a transition color that helped the colors blend together. If you want to wear this look for night time, then just add more of a darker green eyeshadow to your outer corners and lower lash line and you are good to go. :)


Hope you enjoyed this pictorial/tutorial and see you guys in my next blog post!

Maryam ox

2 comments:

  1. Love the green! I haven't used any green shadows for a while, I think I need to take out some of my brighter hues now that spring has arrived.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous minty green colour! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my lovelies and commenting.I really appreciate it. I love comments and try to answer every one! ox